Welcome guest!    Login or Register

Supervalu Launches Java Delight Single-Serve Coffee UnCup

SHARE: Email to a ColleagueEmail Print This ArticlePrint Share on LinkedInLinkedIn Share on FacebookFacebook Share on TwitterTwitter

September 11, 2012

Supervalu is rolling out a new single-serve size of its Java Delight premium coffee product – the UnCup – that will be available in stores beginning this month.

Jave Delight private label image“The UnCup pod provides our customers with a premium single-serve coffee at an affordable price,” said Sam Mayberry, Supervalu vice president of private brands. “It was also important for us to develop a product that is more environmentally friendly and our UnCup single-serve pod uses 30 percent less material by weight than the leading national brand pod.”

The coffee will initially be available in six flavors with additional flavors currently in development. The UnCup pod can be used with leading single-serve coffee makers including Keurig brewing systems.

The Java Delight Single Serve UnCup will be available in all of Supervalu’s traditional retail banners including Acme, Albertsons, Cub Foods, Farm Fresh, Hornbacher’s, Jewel-Osco, Shaw’s, Star Market, Shop ‘N Save and Shoppers. The Java Delight UnCup will also be available at independent stores who are supplied by Supervalu.

Both Kroger and Safeway are also launching private label single-serve coffee pods compatible with Keurig coffee machines. The long-held patent on the single-serve K-Cups held by Green Mountain expires this month.

Comments (13) - Post a Comment
I love the decaf . it definitely has more flavour than a standard k cup . I can brew a larger cup without losing flavour making these more cost effective as well . I wish I could find a way to buy them in bulk
Judi cooney at 8:09am EST - January 11, 2013
anyone know if the un-cup will fit the new keurig vue coffee maker
carl harmon at 3:09pm EST - January 20, 2013
The French Roast Regular and Decaf are the best tasting single brews I've ever had, and I drink coffee all day long.
Dottie Whibley at 4:31pm EST - January 29, 2013
Got a box from Acme today because I was all out of my regular K-cup brand that I usually order online. I figured these would hold me over until I placed my online order for my usual brand - well, I'm switching! I have tried every single brand of k-cup out there and this by far is the best!
Beth at 3:46pm EST - February 8, 2013
I love this Decaf, I found it at Albertson's in Los Angles and wish I could find it in Michigan.
Pixie at 3:46pm EST - February 15, 2013
can I order Java Uncup on line. If so can u give me the web sitethank you
Diane Capoferri at 6:19pm EST - March 8, 2013
I absolutely LOVE these little pods. Less waste, Great taste. The only thing I would like better is to buy them in bulk. It seems like we go through a dozen in no time.Bigger quantities please.
Cheryl O at 9:57pm EDT - April 24, 2013
Ok, I'm switching. These are the best tasting pods around. Love love love the Decaf. I hope Shaw's continues to get them even though they are not owned by SuperValu anymore.
Becky S at 10:55pm EDT - April 25, 2013
I bought your java delight donut shop.donut shop K had.a big problem when I opened and used 1 they were only filled 1/2 so I either needed to use I buy your brand I was hoping you could fix these problemShannon Taylor192 south main streetSmyrna, Delaware 19977(302)670-0396 Please feel free to contact me so we can rectify this situationThank You
shannon taylor at 8:26am EST - December 22, 2013
java delight coffee brand-decaf where can I get it in bulk
Pat Cobbins at 10:54pm EST - December 29, 2013
Absolutely LOVE the French Roast DECAF...is it available in the 12 oz. bag? I am hooked on it after my first cup. Excellent product. One of the few DECAF coffees to not taste like DECAF. If you don't have 12 oz bags in DECAF: please, please, please, consider it. There are a lot of us coffee drinkers who, unfortunately, have to drink DECAF for various reasons. Thanks again for your consideration.
Bernadine C. Bartus at 5:12pm EST - February 20, 2014
I loved the Uncups by Java Delight. What happened??? Now the packaging is only for Java Delight K-cups! Why the change?
Anita Worden at 2:28pm EST - November 16, 2014
Yes Where did the uncup go? I loved that! It was genius! Now my coffee has to spray through plastic? Sold out to big corporation. So disappointed.
PattyW at 5:17pm EST - December 20, 2014

Name: (*Required)
Email: (*Required)
- Not Displayed With Comment
Website:
Comment:

Most Read

Guest Columns

From Shelf to Cart: A Brief Yet Complex Journey

From Shelf to Cart: A Brief Yet Complex Journey

To improve the chances of getting your products in shopper carts, keep visibility, shopability and relevance top of mind as you assess store brands, packaging and design.

Source: GROUP360 Worldwide

The Underemployed as High-Value Shopper Target (Really!)

The Underemployed as High-Value Shopper Target (Really!)

Store brands can play a great role in helping the underemployed weather their financial storm, offering quality and value products that help stretch scarce dollars.

Source: GROUP360 Worldwide

Solving the Store Brand Leader Dilemma

Solving the Store Brand Leader Dilemma

Management often faces a dilemma about what type of leader to select – the internal retail rising star or the proven CPG executive from outside the company. Find out how both can work.

Source: KalypsoLP